Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Mini Honest John Build Build Part 14 Fin Mask Reveal


This is two facing fins where the masked came out clean.
Not all the fins came out this good!

I will have to go back and touch up some masking "tears."
There wasn't any bleeding under the tape but some of the black lifted and tore a small bit.
I usually try to remove my tape before it gets too dry but I waited too long.

I'm not using the Rustoleum 2X Gloss White right now after having problems with it shooting out the rough, flat finish. A forum member called it "cottage cheese". That's actually a good description for it.

I did use the Rusto 2X gloss black on the fins.
The Rustoleum does work well for touch ups. When applied with a brush it won't lift the earlier coats and blends well.

No comments:

Post a Comment