Sunday, February 12, 2012

My New Gloss White Paint

After all the bad luck I had with the Rustoleum 2X Gloss White paint I may have found a new white.

This is the generic Duplicolor Gloss White available at auto supply stores.
I'm calling it the "generic" white - smaller cans of gloss white are sold that match individual white tints from different car manufacturers.

This paint goes on smooth and dries very fast.
I don't think I can lay it on as thick as I normally would on the final coat for a wet gloss. I'm still getting used to the way this stuff coats. This paint is meant to be buffed and polished and right out of the can may not dry quite as glossy as the Rustoleum once did before.

I tried Valdspar and found it takes WAY too long to dry.
I've sent a email to Rustoleum with pictures and the batch numbers off the bad cans.
I'm still waiting on a response.
The other Rustoleum 2X colors seem to be okay - for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment