Monday, February 20, 2012

Super Alpha Build Part 1 Parts

I'll be doing a conversion from 18mm to 24mm engines.
I've got plenty of C11 and D12 engines that should do well in this upscale.

Here's all the parts including the re-shaped nose cone from my old Red Max clone.
The nose cone posts are here:
PART 1
PART 2
PART 3

I had some plywood 50/60 centering rings, BT-50 tube, Kevlar and a 3/16" launch lug.
The picture shows some 1/8" elastic. I'll have to get some 1/4" elastic to replace that.



These are the parts left out from the stock 18mm version. Everything will go into the spare parts box for a future build.

That's a 24" long rubber shock cord, still a little short for me.






This will be painted like the Alpha I never built from the 1974 Estes catalog.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you chose the old Alpha paint scheme. I built one last year with the same scheme and put the Super Alpha decal on the back. Unfortunately I lost that rocket. I look forward to seeing how yours turns out.

    ReplyDelete