Wednesday, February 1, 2012

NAR Membership Materials

I received my new NAR membership card in the mail today.
Along with the card was a listing of NAR Sections by state and the insurance information sheet shown at the left.

This sheet is a simple breakdown of the insurance policy, clearly showing coverage.
It's going in my range box to every launch, whether at the schoolyard or a monthly section launch.

My concern is someone complaining about my small solo launches at the soccer field. Up until now, spectators are interested and have shown support. But, all it takes is one person to complain who doesn't know rocketry's safety record or about the NAR insurance.

This well produced insurance letter could tip the scales my way if there questions raised.
I doubt the soccer players, dog walkers and kids in the playground carry a policy like this.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this information. How much are dues?

    ReplyDelete
  2. NAR Insurance? So if your rocket launch goes badly and damages a car in the parking lot, or damages a kid walking across the field, they pay whatever it takes to fix it instead of you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lonnie,
    Currently adult dues are $62.00 per year.
    From their website:
    1.6 issues of the 48-page color Sport Rocketry magazine
    2.A 60-page how-to book on all aspects of rocketry, the NAR Member Guidebook
    3.$2 million rocket flight liability insurance
    4.Access to NAR technical reports, high-power certification, and clubs
    The guidebook has coupons from vendors that in the end can pay for the membership fee!
    You can also make the trek to the annual NARAM and meet all the important people.
    It's well worth joining. I think the NAR offering more services and benefits and is in better shape than ever.
    Go to: www.nar.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mushtang,
    The insurance policy is just that - an insurance and coverage if something goes wrong.
    But - for it to work you must follow the NAR safety code and any local restrictions.
    That, and common sense.
    For me it's extra piece of mind having the policy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lonnie,
    I forgot to add -
    At the section NAR launches, there is a discount on fees when you show your NAR card. At the Orlando ROCK monthly launch I pay $2.00 instead of the full $5.00 fee. That's $36.00 a year saved against the NAR membership fee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you meant "peace of mind" :^)

    Again, thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeha Lonnie,
      That's what I meant!
      Boy I oughta' give you a peace of my mind!

      Delete