Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Mini Honest John Build Part 12 Paint Problems

I've been using the Rustoleum 2X Painter's Touch paint with good results - up until now.
After fillets, the HoJo was primed with Duplicolor Gray and sanded smooth.
I followed that up with a nearly empty can of the Painter's Touch gloss white.
That ran out and I opened up a new can.

The picture shows what happened.
The second coat came out and spattered. After the coat dried, the surface cracked!
I don't know what went wrong, I hope they haven't changed their formula.

I always shake the can for at least two minutes before spraying. I make sure the nozzle is clear and give a couple shots into the air to be sure.
Some more sanding with 400 grit and it should be ready for another try.
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment