Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Dr. Zooch Saturn V Build Part 1 Parts

The Dr. Zooch Saturn V gets more searches and blog hits than any other model kit!
When I built my Zooch Saturn I never did a build thread. Back then I wasn't scanning the wraps.
It's about time I did a full build on it!

All the small details will be made first.
All I can take along with me on this long cruise -
Small parts, dowels, toothpicks a break off blade knife and sandpaper.
Body tubes, balsa adapters and nose cone will have to wait until I get back home.

This is all the parts!

The main body is a BT-60 tube.
There's a trash bag parachute and 1/4" wide elastic for the shock cord.

The centering rings are black Letramax material.

Sorry, I didn't photograph the wrap sheet!
It's really a highlight of the kit. I'll try to include it in a later post.

And the parts of interest:
The smallest balsa sheet you'll ever see in a kit!
There's plenty for the four small fins.
Zooch always gives you an extra shroud line disk - there's seven!
Enlarge the picture and read the note. Dr. Zooch (and a few other vendors) got some bad decal sheets! The paper glue on decals are supplied, just in case.



The pre-weighted adapter.
The inset picture shows the wider, weighted end.

On the small end is the drilled hole for the escape tower dowel.

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to watching the build on this. I built a Zooch Saturn V a few years ago and it just turned out horrible! I have developed my building skills since then and should really buy another sometime and try again :)

    ReplyDelete