Tuesday, November 13, 2012

New Sanding Block!

Oh Boy! A new tool!
This was picked up for $9.95 at my local hobby store.

I've had my eye on this one for a while.
Midwest makes some great building accessories and I have high hopes for this one.

The body copy says:
"Never Buy Sandpaper Again!"

It's a tungsten carbide sanding block, this one is the Fine Grit, equivalent to a 400 grit paper.
I go through a LOT of 400 grit sandpaper.
The block feels a little "clunky".
But, if I never have to buy another piece of 400 grit, I'll get used to it!


This fine grit block has a Blue plastic housing. The available medium grade block is Yellow and the coarse grit is Red
Included in the package is a soft brass brush.
I've been using these style brushes to scrub off buildup on wet/dry sandpapers for a while now.

If it works as well on this "permanent" sandpaper block, it should be a great product.

No comments:

Post a Comment