Friday, November 23, 2012

Dr. Zooch Saturn V Funky Glue Putty Step 10A Part 1

On my first Dr. Zooch Saturn V build, I had trouble making the F.G.P. or “Funky Glue Putty”.
I ended up using some of the “Fix-It” two-part epoxy I’d ordered from Apogee.
Making F.G.P. is like anything else, your first attempts may not be usable. Stay with it and after a few tries, you’ll get it.

The instructions tell you to roll the glue between your thumb and forefinger. I found the glue hard to control as it kept rolling farther away from my fingertips. I never ended up with enough of a glue ball to roll the pump in the correct size.
I had better luck making the F.G.P. in the heel of my left hand.




Start with a drop of glue about 3/8" diameter.
In the end, you will have a 1/4" moldable ball of F.G.P.
So it dries a little quicker, spread the glue out into an even coat on the side of your palm..
Let this sit and dry for one minute.

After that full minute of drying, spread it around again keeping it in the same area as before.
Let this dry for another minute. The glue will turn from a wet, gloss to a flat white surface.





Start to draw or pull the drying glue to the center.
Continued in next post -

No comments:

Post a Comment