Sunday, November 25, 2012

Dr. Zooch Saturn V - F.G.P. Step 10A Part 3

The "actual size" drawing in the instructions was a little too long when wrapped around the bell.

The pencil lines show how much my pumps were shortened.

Below the instruction drawing is one of my F.G.P. turbine manifolds ready to be set around and over the seam between the upper and lower shrouds.


Roll the ball into a tapered "worm" on a flat surface using your fingertips.

Leave the center area larger than the ends.

Once again, in the instruction drawing the center of the F.G.P. pump seemed too thick.

Even though I made my exhaust manifolds thinner in the middle, it still looked a little fat.

The F.G.P. is drying as these are being formed. By the time I was ready to wrap it around the nozzle bell, it was too dry to stick to the card stock shroud.

I had to wet the dried glue around the center line. That made the manifold stick very well!

No comments:

Post a Comment