Monday, November 19, 2012

Dr. Zooch Saturn V F1 Engines Step 10 Part 2



That upper engine bell piece has a very small closed end.
I ended up using a toothpick to pre-form the shroud.


I didn't bring a tapered dowel with me on this cruise so I ended up using whatever was handy.
This tapered Holland America pen was perfect for forming the lower end of the nozzle bells.
After setting glue on the shroud tab (remember, it takes very little glue to adhere a paper shroud) the tab line was lined up.
The tab was held with the end of a long smooth jawed tweezers.

Notice the printed lines are on the inside. I don't want to take the chance of the printer ink bleeding through the paint later on.
Keeping the printed lines and words on the inside may not work for every build, it's harder to do this on larger shrouds.


After the lower shrouds were glued up and dried, they were made round again by rolling them over the heel of my hand.

After gluing and clamping they'll be oval shaped and should be made round before gluing on the upper half.

No comments:

Post a Comment