Thursday, July 3, 2014

Ebay Score!

This was one of those:
"I'll bid but if I don't get it, no big deal."
I got it for a great price at $37.50! 
This is the Centuri Eagle Power Starter Set.
It looks like it was bought and stored, only opened once for the Ebay pics!

I always thought the Screaming Eagle was innovative with the well designed plastic fin can and chrome stickers. (I don't mind stickers if they are chrome.) One of the better looking starter models out there.
The launcher base was also interesting. A six volt lantern battery gave it some weight and stability.
The wire leads wrapped around the hand held controller and stored in the carrying handle.
The Safety Key "Medallion" could be worn around the your neck so there would be no chance of it staying in the controller.

It's all here and the bags are unopened.
Even the after market Powr-Pad Tilt Adjustment is there.
The earliest sets didn't include the tilt piece.

I don't see any engines, tho.
Production dates were from 1973 until the last Centuri Catalog in 1983.

Here's the blue fin can for the Screaming Eagle model.
I'll have to wait to see if the body tube has yellowed or not.

This is one I'm looking forward to checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment