Tuesday, July 29, 2014

My Ranger at NARAM

My Ranger made it to NARAM in one piece!
This was my entry for voting into the Seattle Museum of Flight Model Rocketry display.
12 models will be picked. I counted 15 entries so I've got a good shot!
The first 13 pictures are the museum entries: CLICK HERE
After that are the NARAM Scale entries.

There was some judging criteria -
The models couldn't be over two feet in length.
They should look like something a museum visitor would want to build.
Good finish, seams and grain filled, minimum 3/16 launch lug,
Original, iconic or concept scale type designs.
Overly complex models are not desired.

I tried the iconic design route, something a visitor to the museum would recognize from his youth. The Ranger was decorated like the old Estes catalog pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment