Friday, July 4, 2014

Four Year Blog Anniversary

July 4th is the Four Year Anniversary of the blog!
Nearly 3,000 posts and 1,000 readers a day.

Here's the copy from the first post from July 4, 2010:

"While I've been active posting on The Rocketry Forum and EMRR, I wanted a place to archive my construction methods and builds. 
Everyone has their own "proven" ways of building rockets. This blog is not written to say I have all the right techniques. I just know what works for me and am always open for a better way to get it done.
Who knows? Someone might just pick up a new technique or be inspired to improve on what is written here."

_________________________________________________________________________

Some annual ground rules . . . 
You are always welcome to comment on a build or post. 
A comment doesn't mean: "You're wrong! That's not the way I'd do it!"
Agreed. Keep doing it your way. The blog started as just a record of my rocket builds.
I know you can't please everybody.

There have been negative comments.
My response: "Feel free to start your own blog and give your perspective."
Those new blogs lasted a week.

Regarding requests for MPR or HPR builds - 
My models and flights rarely go beyond an black powder E engine.
I don't have the budget or the storage space for larger models.
I have tremendous respect for the mid and high power flyers. 
I always watch and am impressed by the flights.

LPR models are still a challenge for me
No matter how large the rocket, out of sight is still out of sight.
Many of the LPR techniques can be applied to larger MPR models.

Occasionally I might post about something off topic, like getting electrocuted.
It's my blog, I can write about whatever I want. 
Rest assured, the next day will be back on rockets.

Thanks for following! More stuff to come . . . 

If you want to see the blog continue, join Patreon or purchase an Odd'l Rocket kit. 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! I only started reading it last year when I got back into the hobby\sport, but I've read every single post of the blog's four-year history! It's the first page I open every morning when I get home from work... Thank you for the blog-I've learned many, many tips from your builds and I can't recall any bad ones! Keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete