Tuesday, July 8, 2014

The Last Mexico Post - Strike Four!

If you follow the blog you know my recent experience in Mexico wasn't good. I had done the month of September there last year. Things were sketchy then, now it's worse.

On arrival, I was left at the airport with no pickup. Never informed about the (new policy) one hour bus and taxi rides. STRIKE ONE!
Got shocked three times during a performance at a resort. STRIKE TWO!
After being told the system was repaired I got the big 120 volt shock the following week. Paperwork and a trip to the hospital. STRIKE THREE!

I told the US based agency I was done and wanted to go home. Considering everything, the agency said they understood. I let them know I didn't want to perform again at the resort with the electrical problems.
They do require a minimum of one month for their contracts. Trying to do the right thing, I said I would finish out the month and give them time to find a replacement act.
No mention was made about any consequences or penalties.

The moment I got home on July 1 the phone was ringing.
I was told they (the agency or resort) would not be paying for repair or replacement of my fried microphone receiver damaged in the power surges at the resort. - $550.00 and
I was responsible to pay for the flight for the replacement entertainer! - $545.00 . . .
STRIKE FOUR!

Unbelievable! I've been a full time entertainer for over 30 years. I've dealt with good and bad agencies before, but never like this! They are trying to "teach me a lesson." 
They've only hurt themselves. I have many, many entertainment connections.

No comments:

Post a Comment