Thursday, July 10, 2014

Estes Parts Lists

On TRF, Samb posted links to some very valuable Estes parts lists.
These were prepared by John Brohm with some help from others.

BODY TUBES:
Look up your kit name and find the body tube diameters and lengths:
http://www.rocketshoppe.com/info/Estes_Body_Tube_List_3.1.pdf

This list really helps if you are cloning Estes models.

There's not much reason for many of the Estes body tube letter designations.
All "J" tubes seem to be 2.75" long. Example: A BT-20J and BT-50J are both 2.75" long.
But other tube letter designations don't match up
A BT-20D is 6.5" long. A BT-60D is 11" long.

NOSE CONES:
Look up your kit name and find the appropriate nose cone:
http://www.rocketshoppe.com/info/Estes_Nose_Cone_Reference_10.1.pdf

1 comment:

  1. These lists are great. Last October I decided late on a Monday night I wanted to clone a Tornado, but I didn't have the nose cone. On Tuesday, having consulted the Nose Cone Reference, I was at Hobby Lobby with a 40% coupon buying a Hi Flier kit. On Saturday I flew my Tornado at the club launch!

    ReplyDelete