Thursday, April 21, 2016

Estes Hi-Flier XL, #3226 Build, Finished


           







A large, clean, no-frills 3FNC rocket.
I do like the looks of the bigger version of the HiFlier. The small BT-20 HiFlier reminds me of old school 18mm minimum diameter models like the OOP Sky Hook.

The Rustoleum Metallic Red is a subtle upgrade but really shows up in the sunlight. The metallic specks are very fine and don't end up as a flat finish like other coarser "glitter" paints.

The white triangles on the fins decals are also carried into the rocket name decal and font - a smart design touch.

2 comments:

  1. It makes me wonder if Estes has a "steely-eyed" graphics artist in-house or if they're farming it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lonnie,
      I have a feeling most graphics are now produced on site.
      At least that's the feeling I've gotten when I've called and talked with some of the Estes people.

      Delete