Saturday, April 30, 2016

Home Projects - No Rocketry Content Here!

Between music and rocketry projects I work on my house. Last year I started doing improvements.
When I bought my townhouse ten years ago, I was stuck with a lot of construction grade cheap faucets, lights and mirrors. I was ready for a refresh and upgrades.
I just added some back splash tile to my kitchen wall. The upper picture is the before.

Here's the after picture and a close up of the tile.
To my surprise the tile looked better in person than in the computer website picture. There are copper squares in-dispersed in each 12" X 12" piece.
I've still got to go back and touch up some grout. Considering it was my first attempt at doing tile, I was very happy with the final result.

Home Depot would have charged $400.00 for the install, not including the tile and grout. I only spent about $135.00 for the entire project.
Why didn't I completely cover the back center? I felt it would darken up the area too much. The wall needed a visual break.
It's a subtle change, but for me, a good one.

2 comments: