Thursday, April 28, 2016

Mercury Engineering 3" Diam. School Rocket Build, Part 6, Chrome Trim Comparison - Finished





Simple, tapered chrome trim strips were applied on the right side of the fins. For me, trim on both sides of the fins would have been too much.







On the left is the before,
on the right is after the chrome trim.

Monokote Trim is an easy alternative to complex masking and a vibrant way to trim a rocket.
Look back on some Centuri sport models in the 1972 catalog for ideas - CLICK HERE.
You can overdo it, though.

5 comments:

  1. How did you handle the stars that overlap the BT and nose cone? Came out great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was all covered in Post #5. Sorry about the order getting messed up.

      Delete
  2. Very cool, old-school look. I'd probably use fewer stars if this was my model but that's strictly a personal preference. Is this going to be a flyer or a catalog model only? I have so many models waiting to build...but for the price one more can't hurt, can it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen this fly a number of times.It flies great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another option for stars is cutting them with a Cricut or Silhouette machine, if you know someone who has one, like my wife. :) She really likes the stars, Chris. I actually think that is what sold her on this rocket.

    ReplyDelete