Thursday, April 14, 2016

Estes Snap-On Tools Rocket?







Here's one I saw on Craig's List.

This promotional starter kit was made for the Snap-On tool company.
I don't see what rockets have to do with hand tools.
It looks recent, like a stretch version of the current Athena model using the newer Estes slide-in fins and fin can.


At first I thought this model might use snap together parts (no glue). That is definitely the Snap-On tools logo.




The backside of the box shows a red plastic lightning bolt launcher and old style controller.

Rare, collectible? Who knows. I just found it interesting.

3 comments:

  1. I think they have done Bachmann train sets too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Metal,
      They may have had a Bachman train set with Snap-On logos. I just found this interesting, I don't remember any of the major rocket companies producing "badged" kits like this before. Maybe they sell it through Snap-On dealers?

      Delete