Sunday, April 29, 2018

Estes Little Joe II (Small) Build, Finished




This wasn't quite the same as my old Centuri 1/100 scale Little Joe II. The Centuri Joe had well defined corrugations on self adhesive chrome.
It did capture the small kit size. This Estes re-mix uses 13mm engines.

Here's a comparison of the two models I put together. On the left is the Estes partial kit with the corrugated wrap.
On the right is my copy, without the corrugation. If you ask me, not much difference at this size!

If you have a spare 1/100 scale Estes Apollo capsule and tower kit and some BT-58 tubing, you could build a baby Joe. I have the wraps, fin pattern and decals on a PDF available to Patreon members.
Email me at: oddlrockets@bellsouth.net and request the Estes 1/100th scale Little Joe II.

3 comments:

  1. Nice work, Chris. Now I'll have to do a 1/100 LJII to go with my 1/70 and 1/45 models. Is the one with the corrugated wrap going on Ebay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BAR,
      Thanks! I don't know if I'll sell one of these on Ebay or not. It wasn't my best work. I'll be back selling finished models soon. I have to thin out the shelf queen shelf.

      Delete