Monday, April 23, 2018

Grey or Gray paint?

Anytime I type the word Gray (or Grey) I never know if I got it right.
From the website: http://www.greyorgray.com I found this:
When all else fails . . .
grAy is how it's spelled in America 
grEy is how it's spelled in England

What is the difference between grey and gray?

According to a very comprehensive color charted provided by Clorford.com (a trusted resource on color swatches) grey and gray are actually two different "color swatches".



According to a survey conducted both in the U.S. and England, many people believe grey is an actual color perceived as the hue of "silver", and gray is a sliding scale of values from black to white.

6 comments:

  1. Also note that while gray is a color, grey is a colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for clearing this up, Chris. I had often wondered about this issue me-self, but never bothered to research it. I suppose since we're in 'Murica, we should use the 'Murican spelling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ed,
      Kind of a silly blog post, but I've typed the word "Gray" to many times and probably got it wrong.

      Delete
  3. Of course, if we're talking about Colonel Wilma Deering, that would be Erin Gray.

    ReplyDelete