Saturday, April 14, 2018

New Quest Q-Jet Info?


I knew the first released Quest Q-Jets were going to be an A3 and B4 power.
This new chart is on the Quest website.
It now shows C14 and D16 motors in the 18mm size!

Here's the original time-thrust curves posted in February on the Quest website:

This shows A3, B4, C8 and D12 engines.
I don't know why things changed. I would have been happy with the C8 and D12 engines in the 18mm size! 
But now, C14 and D16? 
The A3 and B4 motors are shipping some time in April.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi David,
      I agree, that D18 will handle a lot of situations. Probably great for rockets like a Mars Lander, too.

      Delete
    2. Do any of you remember the old D18 18mm engines offered by AVI back in the 70's?
      I had a couple packs. They were good for destroying model rockets. Blew up on the pad real good!
      Look forward to seeing these new Quest offerings.

      Delete
    3. Hi Ed,
      I was supposed to be sent some of the AVI engines, but never received them. I heard they had some problems. AVI also made some very small engines, almost MMX size.

      Delete