Sunday, August 16, 2020

Centuri Flying Saucer #5325, Part 4, Wire Antennas

The instructions had a print of the original kit antennas. Since this is a 3/4 size downscale, I drew a 3/4" box and reduced the 1" span box to the 3/4" length.
Below the print are the three finished, bent antennas.

You'll need some music wire. I found some at Hobby Lobby - K&S wire, #602201, #5497, .039" diameter.



I tried bending the outside round circle shape around a dowel, but wasn't successful.
I had better luck with needle nose pliers. Don't try to bend in one movement. Make many small bends around the circle shape. Check against the print as you go.







Keep the circle bend flat. It's very easy to have it end up going out to one side.







The bent wire matched the template print.
I set it on the 75% size "C" shape brace. The upper bend needed to be a bit sharper.
Notice the end of the wire, it is shorter than the notch allowance. I made the notch a bit lower to fit the end of the wire.

The antenna wire and reinforcement piece template is posted in Frank's build at YORF - CLICK HERE, Page 6, Post 51

No comments:

Post a Comment