Sunday, August 9, 2020

MetalSpeck Look?

On TRF, ManixFan (Tony) posted this:
"Here's another Dupli-Color metal look paint I really like:"

METALCAST Anodized Automotive Paint - Duplicolor

"You spray it over a silver 'anodized' base coat and it creates a very nice metallic effect. Not metal flake, but very attractive. It has help up very well over the years. Below is a close-up of a rocket I painted when the paint first came out many years ago. The white streaks in the upper right are reflections of my shop light."                                                                                                                        Tony


Tony's results were impressive!
I bought some DupliColor EFFEX paint thinking I found the paint Tony used. It wasn't.

This is supposed to be a clear coat with metallic sparkle bits in it.
While it did give you a glossy clear coat, there was no real visible metal flecks, even in direct sunlight. $8.00 wasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment