Saturday, November 6, 2010

Cleaning Up! TIP


I was going to do a model feature on the blog and had to clean a rocket up for pictures.
This Zooch Saturn V has a white finish, dirt and fingerprints show up easily.

Anytime I clean up, I'll use a white eraser. Or, a white eraser is used on white paint.
I know, some of you already know this, but to a new builder this could be a valuable tip.
Usually a damp paper towel can clean off soot and some dirt. I'd be wary about using Windex or any other solvent. You might end up removing some of the paint.

This cheap, dollar store white gum eraser works great! An eraser from the back of a pencil will leave pink streaks and black from pencil erasings. The white eraser isn't as rough as as a pencil eraser. Once again, that pink pencil eraser is more abrasive and might rub off the paint.

Before using on the model, I'll rub the eraser a few times on my jeans to remove any discoloration from previous use.

No comments:

Post a Comment