Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Dr. Zooch Saturn 1 SA-5 Build Part 32 S-IV Motors


The S-IV motors are very small. You'll need tweezers to help get them into position.

The instructions don't specify a color. When at the Meatball Rocketry site I saw they were red and white. Working this small, I decided to just go with the red.

According to the pictures on the Meatball Rocketry site, the red motors go in the center of the upper band, not beneath it like shown in the Zooch instructions. Either way would look fine, it's ant scale! Nobody is going to tell you your model is right or wrong.

I decided to glue the nozzles in the pictured position. It's a stronger bond gluing the wood dowel to the paper wrap. If I were to glue the dowel to the white spray painted area, I'd have to remove some paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment