Sunday, November 21, 2010

Dr. Zooch Saturn 1 SA-5 Build Part 29 F.G.P Tips

Step 9-A-prime: F.G.P. (Funky Glue Putty)
I've never had much luck making the Funky Glue Putty for the Zooch kits.
But, like everything else, you usually get better results if you keep trying!

I don't have the recommended yellow glue, so I'll give it a try with white glue.
In the first attempts, I found I was spreading out the glue to far when rubbing it between my fingers.

In later successful tries, I pressed my fingers together, spreading out a drop of glue. Pull your fingers apart and let it the thin glue sit for 10 seconds. This lets it tack up a little before rubbing again. Rub the glue for a few seconds.

Again, hold the fingers open and still and wait again. Then more rubbing.


The glue was starting to "thread up".

I rolled these small, drying pieces into a ball.





Here's the F.G.P. in place, on the turbo pump dowel. I haven't done any forming of the putty yet. It'll be smoothed out and feathered into the engine bell.

No comments:

Post a Comment