Friday, November 26, 2010

Dr. Zooch Saturn 1 SA-5 Build Part 37 Launch Lugs

I decided not to make eight of the standoffs. After making the first one, seven more would be a lot of work. It's do-able, but at this point I really wanted to finish up the model.

The lug and standoff were filled with CWF and sanded smooth. A coat of primer followed and sanding with 400 grit.

The instructions tell you to cut the launch lug in half, but it wouldn't match the length of the standoff. I cut it to fit the standoff, the lower lug will be longer than half it's original size.




This is the longer, lower launch lug.
The lug was glued on straight, but it looks crooked. Because of the fin taper, the low end of the lug was glued close to the fin's trailing edge.

I found it easier to keep the white lug against a white fin. I didn't want to do any more masking.

No comments:

Post a Comment