Monday, November 15, 2010

Dr. Zooch Saturn 1 SA-5 Build Part 18 Nozzles


I decided to jump ahead and work on the nozzles.
They are cut out from a 110 lb. card stock pattern sheet.

There is a larger "inner band" and a smaller band. The smaller band slips over the top and down to the bottom of the inner band.

I formed the small bells using a dowel in the soft heel of my hand.

TIP: When forming a shroud, keep the printing facing the inside of the shroud. You won't want to take any chance of the words "Inner Band" showing through the paint.

Here I'm holding the glued tab shut using long tweezers. These nozzle forms are too small to be held closed with your fingers.

When cutting out shrouds, I tend to cut right on the outside of the printed lines.

On all five of my nozzles (you are given an extra) the smaller outer band fit was a little tight.
The outer band should go all the way down to the bottom of the inner band.

After gluing, I simply trimmed off the overhand of the lower inner band so both band bottoms were equal after gluing.

No comments:

Post a Comment