Saturday, November 13, 2010

FlisKit's Interloper Detailing


Jim Flis' designs certainly don't need any tweaking. He's come up with some of the more innovative designs out there.

I recently won four MMX kits on Ebay, the Interloper was one of them.

This is a great design with plenty of detail. Sometimes I'll take a kit and play with the design.
I thought the "vanes" (the internal fins in the larger rear ring tube) could extend out the back of the rocket.
I wouldn't be able to extend them out by very much, they are already laser cut into heavy card stock.

I settled for a short extension out the back by raising the ring tube 3/16" or so. The rear of the internal fins will get a scalloped cut to match the scalloped top of the fin.

The top of the ring tube might get scalloped cuts between the internal fins.

I kept the fin shape but changed the angle of the toothpick tips.

The top end of the main tube is long. I will add some small details to visually even out the detail on the bottom. These look a little like the front guns on the Fliskits Stingray.
Right now it's just a drawing, One day I'll build it.

No comments:

Post a Comment