Saturday, September 3, 2011

260 Space Booster Build Part 17 Prime and Paint


Even though I did a "butt-joint" of the seam edges, (not an overlapping tab) there was still a little fill to do.
Here I'm dragging a drop of CWF down the seam with my knife tip.
After this was sanded, any remaining gap will be filled with sanded primer.



The picture on the left shows how I directed the primer right on the seams.

The Dupli-Color primer can has a nozzle that you can turn for a wide or narrow spray. I set it to narrow and aimed for the seams.


This will be an easy one to paint.
Overall, the model is sprayed white.
I didn't glue the nose cone (or adapter) on yet, the nose cone will be painted red off the model. When the red nose cone is inserted into the white BT-50 tube, it'll have a clean color separation.
All the black stripes will be applied with Blackboard Contact Paper. Strips will be cut and stuck on the rocket. Simple and clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment