Thursday, September 1, 2011

New Parachutes for the Jolly Roger

I was prepping my Jolly Roger rocket with two C6-5s for the upcoming Orlando R.O.C.K. launch.
There was small white specks all over the upper body. I didn't know where those were coming from.
As I was cleaning them off, it finally hit me. I had sprayed a white skull and crossbones on the two black trash bag parachutes. The paint was flaking off the parachute and sticking everywhere!
I cut off the parachutes and threw them away - another creative experiment gone bad.
I wanted new parachutes that fit the model. Then I remembered another skull and crossbones.

When I first flew this rocket, Roger Smith (jonrocket.com, rocketreviews.com) gave me some plastic pirate flags. He picked them up for the kids when he wanted to launch his flying pirate skull.


I found my 12" parachute cutting template. It almost fit on the pirate flag. I cut it out and attached shroud lines.

Sure the plastic is a little thicker than a standard LPR parachute, but it fits the theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment