Thursday, September 15, 2011

Semroc Baby Orion Build Part 16 Decal Wrap Plan?

Sometimes the plan doesn't turn out right.
I was going to use the decal wrap supplied in the kit then glue all the small pieces I'd made to it.

I'd left the decal out when working on another project.
Somehow, two drops of thin CA had dried on the decal. The CA had ruined the fine line detail on the wrap.

Sure, I should've taken the easy way out ordered another decal from Semroc for $1.20.
Instead, I redrew both wraps.

In one way, this made the model a closer "scale" downsize. The original Centuri Saturn 1B wrap was a vacuform wrap on the Orion kit. If this small wrap was printed on 110 lb. card stock, it would raise the wrap surface more like the original vacuform.

It turned out to be a good learning exercise on the Corel Draw software.

No comments:

Post a Comment