Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Raisin' Maize Build Part 1 Parts

Here's an appropriate build for the Fall season.

A flying Corn Cob, or as I named it Raisin' Maize!

This is certainly not my idea. First Flight Hobbies came out with variations on their Corn-Roc design in 2008. I haven't seen the Corn kits being available for two years. First Flight was emailed but there was no response regarding this build.

I was at Hobby Lobby to buy some A10-3t engines with a 40% off coupon. I came accross just one corn cob this size in the seasonal aisle.
Everything is being cleared out for Christmas so it rang up at $1.08! Another really cheap, but interesting build!

The corn cob is lightweight formed Styrofoam, just over 7" long by 1 3/4" diameter.

The internal BT-5 is about 8" long, it'll be cut down later.
The engine block is 1/4" from a used 13mm casing. The parachute is 8" wide cut from a black garbage bag.
Everything else in the picture was pulled from my leftover parts box. Cheap and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment