Sunday, September 18, 2011

Semroc Baby Orion Build Part 20 Masking The Nose Cone


Originally I was going to paint the model like the facecard art. I don't have a can of light blue paint for the small nose cones.
So I decided to go with red for the six small nose cones and the tip of the larger main cone. There was already red in the Centuri logo and red stripes on the tank decals.



Just the upper third of the large front cone is painted. I used a scrap BT-20 to get an idea of how far down the red was going to be from the tip.

You have to cut the masking tape on a curve to get it to conform and go around the nose cone in a straight line.




The BT-20 was still a little too big at .736" diameter. I figured to go smaller at .740"
Back to Payloadbay.com and the transition tool.
I plugged in .740" dia. X 2.0"dia. X 2.0" long.

I'll only be using the lower .740" small arc to cut the nose cone mask.

No comments:

Post a Comment