Monday, September 5, 2011

260 Space Booster Build Part 21 Decals

I'm getting better at printing half sheets of decal paper.
I've made it a point of always printing out more than needed, in case I screw one up. In this case, four USAF and four U S AIR FORCE were printed. I actually need two of each, one on either side of the model.

Expand the picture and you'll see the light pencil tick on the body tube next to the "R" in the word AIR. That's the midpoint from the black band to the top of the tube.
The U S AIR FORCE decal was measured and the center was found at the middle of the letter "R" in the the word "AIR".

When placing decals, you work against the clock. I'd rather know where the center is on both pieces before soaking the decal. This makes for a quicker, more accurate placement.




Once you are sure the decal is centered next to the pencil tick mark, look down the length of the tube to be sure it is vertically straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment