Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Goodbye AT&T DSL Internet!

I've given up on AT&T Home Internet service!
My internet went out last Wednesday night and is still out a week later.
Too many promises with no action!

Tomorrow morning Spectrum is coming by for an install. They gave me a one hour arrival window. AT&T gave me a 12 hour wait time for repair last Thursday!
AT&T DSL is phone line based, slow and outdated. Spectra is supposedly four times faster. It's more expensive, $5.00 more per month and will go up after the first 12 months.

I've tried to keep my cool when calling about repair updates. I talked to supervisor yesterday. To get Internet service I've been going to McDonald's for breakfast. I told her I'm keeping my breakfast receipts and will send them to her for reimbursement. Her response was: "I don't think we can refund you that money." She didn't quite get my sarcasm.
You can bet I'll receive a Internet bill this month. We'll see if it gets paid.

1 comment:

  1. My internet had a policy of crediting your account when they missed their appointment window. They don't advertise it, but I would ask about it. Spent too many full days waiting for appointments myself on to have a no show.

    ReplyDelete