Sunday, July 1, 2018

Estes Dragon Ship 7 #1345, Finished





This was an involved build. Fin patterns and decals were redrawn. (I can send out fin patterns and canopy PDF but the decals are not available.)
The decals took over 7 1/2 hours to apply!
The finished look is good, I was very happy with the nose cone and body black blends.

Thanks go to SCIGS30 and his 2017 build posted on TRF.
My printed JimZs instructions didn't show clear decal placement. SCIGS30's finished pictures gave me a good idea where the decals went!
Here's his build: CLICK HERE

13 comments:

  1. Well done on this build. Looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Next, how about the Patrol Cruiser Excalibur? You could sell the set on EBay. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BAR,
      I have almost all the parts for the Cruiser Excalibur, but I need a break from all the rivet decals!

      Delete
  3. Very nice! Wonder if that little multi pane window above the “gun mount” is supposed to be the barred window to the prisoners cells? Or do the pirates on the Dragonship 7 never leave any prisoners alive? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Openroad,
      You should be writing copy descriptions for the catalogs!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Chris, wouldn’t happen to have an email address I can send my resume to...😄

      Delete
  4. Chris, looks great as usual, the rivet decals were a challenge since my kit was pretty old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi David,
      Your build pics really helped out with the decals on this one. My home print decals came out smaller than they should have - Too late to change them now!

      Delete
  5. That looks great! I did an upscale of this but as a glider, was one of my favorite kits as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Frank,
      You got this thing to glide? That's an accomplishment!

      Delete
    2. Here's a link to my plans of it with a picture
      https://dynasoarrocketry.com/?page_id=916

      Delete
    3. Hi Frank,
      I watched the video - very cool!

      Delete