Friday, July 6, 2018

Where's The Posts? When It Rains - IT POURS!

TIP: Don't EVER use AT&T for your internet service!
My home Internet went out early in the day on July 5. Just a flashing red light on my modem.
This has happened twice before in the past two months.

I called AT&T Tech Support and was told they would be there for repairs between 8 am and 8 pm.
Gee, only a 12 hour window? I had to repeatedly interrupt the rep: No!, no!, no! when he was trying to sell me a Direct TV package.
I couldn't leave home so I waited and did some rocket related building and worked on an order fro Apogee. 12 hours pass, to AT&T rep and no phone call.

Fast forward to today, July 6.
An early morning call said they would repair between 8 am and 12 noon. The phone rep said she would call back before 11 am with an update. No call by 11 a.m.
So I'm at McDonald's using the free Internet on my old laptop.

Don't you want to scream when the online recording tells you: "You can solve many internet problems by going online directly to bellsouth.net?"
How can you use the internet to troubleshoot when you can't get online?

Why am I not using my newer laptop?
The battery is dead! I've got to do some online ordering, the Staples vendor doesn't carry the battery I need!

2 comments:

  1. As amazing as current technology can be there are times when l’m not sure it’s worth the effort! Good luck getting back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could be in the UK. Outages due to increased volume happen every July1 when British students are let out for the summer break. Service can be out 3-4 days while they boost capacity for all of those extra British gamers.

    ReplyDelete