Monday, October 14, 2019

Estes Boosted Bertha #001946 Build, Part 5, Filling Balsa & Tube Seams


I was building two of the Boosted Berthas so I had a lot of balsa to fill.

Notice I don't apply filler to the booster fin TTW tabs. The inset picture shows no filler on the root edge.



The body tube seams also got a fill with CWF.
This was sanded to surface using 220 then smoothed with 400 grit.









This is the booster tube ready for it's one (moderately heavy) shot of Duplicolor Filler/Primer.
I masked 1" inside the tube ends and under the slots to keep the paint out.







The TTW fin tabs were also masked off for their filler/primer spray.


2 comments:

  1. How do you put such a fine line of filler directly on the seam? via a syringe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tomas,
      Here's how I do it -
      https://modelrocketbuilding.blogspot.com/2016/04/estes-hi-flier-xl-3226-build-part-8.html

      Delete