Monday, January 28, 2013

Quest Aerospace One Part 10 Step 20 Lug Position



Before gluing the lug on, I wanted to test fit the pieces to make sure the location would work.
First, the intake tube is split down it's length. I used my aluminum angle to help guide the knife.




On models near to or larger than 24" tall, I'll usually switch out a provided 1/8" diameter lug for a 3/16" lug.
I wanted to hide the lug under the large intake tube but was concerned that it should be closer to the center of gravity position.
I ended up gluing the lug so the top front was even with the leading edge of the intake fin.


Here's how it all dry fits together.
Right now, the only parts glued to the body tube are the intake fin, launch lug and forward canards.
Those parts and the main body tube will be painted white.

No comments:

Post a Comment