Saturday, January 4, 2014

Centuri Flutter-By - More Finished!

I ended up adding the Centuri logo decal like on the catalog model. 
That chrome trim really caught the light in this picture!

That's really all the model needs, just like the catalog picture.
Less is more here. Keep it sleek, not goofy!


Here's the twins!

One has a red lower section, the other is in orange.
I bought two Flutter-By kits in the recent Estes Clearance Sale.
Sometimes I'll build two models at the same time. When building simultaneously it doesn't really take twice as long, especially with small simple models. You've already got all the tools out for the first build anyway.

Interesting to note:
According to the Estes website the reissue Flutter-By is 7.7" tall.
My finished models are just under 8 1/8" tall.
I don't think the nosecone in my two kits is the one first used in the reissue version.
The original Centuri kit was only 6.75" tall.

No comments:

Post a Comment