Thursday, January 26, 2017

Estes Galactic Taxi #1914 Build Part 8, Trim and Antenna


There may have been some different shaped toothpicks in the original kit. I've never seen flat, curved toothpicks. I'll use the rounded ones I already have.

The toothpicks were cut a little long so when glued on the end could overhang the back of the "post".





The overhang was sanded even matching the angled cut of the post.


The instruction illustrations didn't really match the shape of the kit fins.

The launch lug was glued even with the front end of the low fin.
I was afraid this might happen.
Sometimes when you redraw from a sketchy scan, slight changes can effect the fit.

Here the front end of the fairing is too long leaving a gap at the leading edge of the wing fin. I'll have to redraw and print new fairings.

No comments:

Post a Comment