Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Estes Dragon Ship 7 #1345, Part 17, Almost Finished

My California trip threw a wrench in my build and blog post schedule. Here's where the Dragon Ship 7 is right now.
That bottom "hook" fin is being sprayed gray. The instructions don't say anything about rivet decals, but they'll be added to matche the other fins.
The model will get a overall dull coat. The silver engine mount will be glued in after that.


I hope to keep the nose cone gloss black. The black area on the front wrap decal should also be gloss black to match it. The launch lug guns won't be glued on until after the dull coat so they will remain gloss black.
I'll follow up with finished pictures soon.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Ed,
      I did some more work on it today and am very happy with the way the nose cone and decal transition turned out. More later . . .

      Delete
  2. Looks great, I can't wait to see the fully finished pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elsa,
      I'm finishing it up now - I worked up a good compromise to match the nose cone and decal black colors.

      Delete