Sunday, June 24, 2018

NARAM Memories, Transporting Rockets - Old School!




In 1975 I was on the way to NARAM 17, getting on a connecting flight from Atlanta to Orlando. Across from me was a guy sitting with a cardboard box with body tubes sticking out of it.
I asked: "Are you going to NARAM?" His response: "How'd you guess?"
That was the infamous Bob Bruce.



Under the seat in front of me was the same range box I use today. Smaller rockets were in there along with plenty of black powder engines. Getting on the plane I wasn't even questioned about it. Airport security was more lax back then!

One NARAM participant would fly his rockets in a chip board guitar case. I commented on the interesting rocket box. He said: "The airlines think it's a guitar and they treat it more carefully."

No comments:

Post a Comment