Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Estes Dragon Ship 7 #1345, Part 4, Engine Mount



As each tube was glued on, I checked to be sure the ends were even with the central BT-20 engine tube. The engine hook is hanging over the back edge of the sanding block.
I'm not sanding here, the sanding block is just a convenient flat surface.




The back end view -
All the BT-3 tubes ended up evenly spread out on either side of the engine hook.
Shown on the last post, I started with the BT-3 tube opposite the engine hook. This way I ended up with even spacing with the two tubes on either side of the engine hook.




As mentioned before, the mount are recessed with the forward centering ring about 1/8" inside the main air frame tube.
I liked the black centering ring and thought it could make a good interior contrast color to the silver motor tubes.

Remember the motor tubes didn't rest against the rear centering rings. This allowed me to slip tape under the tube ends and mask off the black ring.

The upper end of the mount (shown facing down) was masked off along with the centering ring edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment