Friday, June 8, 2018

Estes Dragon Ship 7 #1345, Part 7, Fin Prepping

Well, I got a post out of order again! That's what I get for staying up late -
I'll put them in the right order in a few days.


Three pieces of balsa are laminated to make the gun housings on the front of both wings.

The instructions have you glue the housing pieces directly onto the fin and round the sides later.
TIP: You'll have more control over the shaping if sanding is done separately, off the fin.



The small center block was glued onto one side piece and clamped with a clothes pin.

The other side was glued on and clamped while drying.


I haven't glued the housing on the front of the fin yet. This is a dry fit to check the gap spacing.



The housing was slid off and the top sides sanded round. I slipped it back on for a picture, no glue yet.




The two housings were filled before gluing onto the wing fins.

Here I've slipped a scrap piece of 3/32" balsa in the slot for a painting handle. CWF was applied and sanded smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment