Thursday, December 13, 2018

John Boren's Fin Jig


John Boren posted on the NAR Facebook page:

Estes Satellite Interceptor Build

"I've been cleaning up my shop this past month or so getting it ready for my big winter builds and I ran across a CD containing these images and text I wrote some time ago for a build thread I did. Way back when for NARAM 52 I built a bunch of the same models to give away. As it happened only two were completed with decals and the rest our still in my office at work. This is how I made them."

"I like to use jigs to make or assemble things with. It took a little over three hours to make the jig shown below. This jig is only good for making a Satellite Interceptor but it was fun to make."
______________________________________________________________________
I've only posted a picture of the fin jig. He was going to build a bunch of Satellite Interceptors so it does justify the extra work.

No comments:

Post a Comment