Saturday, December 29, 2018

Yikes! Custom Engine Mount on Ebay

Here's one I found on Ebay:

"Custom made model rocket mount for A-C size engines for RC cars, boats, airplanes, etc. I couldn’t find any mounts for rocket engines that wasn’t for a rocket, so I made my own.

Color, shape, and size will vary, but if you send me a message for customization, I’ll be glad to fit your needs such as a unique shape, screw holes, compatible for zip ties, blockage for back thruster, etc

Does not come with a rocket engine.
This product has not been tested, but if your mount break, I’ll be glad to replace it or repair it for free.
Model rockets are flammable and dangerous. Use this at your own risk.
This product is made out of polylactide is a biodegradable and bioactive thermoplastic aliphatic polyester derived from renewable resources, such as corn starch, cassava roots, chips or starch, or sugarcane.

The material is not fire resistant and will burn, melt and possibly catch fire if exposed to the rocket’s flame. If used as intended, it should not cause any problems with the mount. The mount is tightly fitted to the rocket and might require nose slip pliers to remove with a twist turn."

Only $2.99 and $3.50 for shipping.

I always wondered how cassava roots would work in an engine mount. 
Well . . . it is colorful.

2 comments:

  1. This is hand-made with a 3D pen and PLA filament. Seems like a kid trying to make a few bucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Neil,
      I think you're right. I didn't mean to come down on the seller. I've seen the 3D pens recently.

      Delete