Thursday, December 6, 2018

Semroc Saturn 1B, Build, OOP #KS-1, Part 36, Retro Rocket Housing Shape





I looked closer at the Saturn 1B finished model on the Apogee website.
This is a beautiful build by Phillip Gore.

Check the vacuform retro rocket housings. I realized the tops angle in to a tip, not flat like I had assumed.

I'm also using the Alway book, Rockets Of The World. The illustrations in the book are small and it is hard to make out the shape.







Here's what I had made earlier.

I marked the top with some pencil lines before trimming with a razor blade.
On the left is the before and after top view.
On the right is the flat backs.

I'll have to shoot these with paint to make sure the shaping is accurate and even.

Build time this post: 0 hour, 30 minutes
Total build time so far: 35 hours, 00 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment